BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.0 - Administration and Security
The target audience for this course is system architects/administrators who are new to SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise and will be responsible for maintaining SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise users, groups, and objects in their organization.
Transforming data into actionable information
- This 10 to 12 hour E-Learning course explains how to perform the tasks in the central management console (CMC). These tasks involve supporting SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise users and groups so they can access corporate data through the Web portal in SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise. The security of this corporate data is also covered. This corporate data can take the form of Crystal Reports, SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence, or SAP BusinessObjects Desktop Intelligence documents, SAP Business Objects Voyager workspaces, program objects, object packages, and popular third-party objects, such as Microsoft Word and Excel files, among others. Please note: this course does not discuss maintaining SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise servers, which is taught in the SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.0/3.1: Administering Servers – Windows course.
- The business benefit of this course is that it provides a foundation for system architects/administrators to effectively manage both users and content on the SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise platform.
- Note: This course was developed based on the product availability of Java only. A course addendum and future revision will reflect any changes in functionality or new features introduced in .NET.
- SAP BusinessObjects Edge Series XI 3.0/3.1
Note: This course also applies to you if you are a system administrator for SAP BusinessObjects Edge Series. Any product differences between SAP BusinessObjects Edge and SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise are outlined within the course so you understand which areas do not apply to your deployment.
- What is SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise? – Describe SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise, use InfoView and the central management console to view content, configure the central management console , describe the SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise architecture.
- Managing BusinessObjects Enterprise content – Add objects to the repository, manipulate objects in SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise.
- Securing BusinessObjects Enterprise content – Create users, groups, folders and categories, understand the SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise security model, describe guidelines for planning security.
- Application Security – Secure SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise applications
- Scheduling content – Schedule objects, schedule with business calendars, and manage instances.
- Publishing and publications – Publish personalized reports and documents to multiple recipients, describe the process of publishing personalized reports to dynamic recipients, manage profiles.
Please read the Terms and Conditions.